We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the simplest, but at the same time delicious, preserves harvested for the winter is whole pickled peppers. Due to the small amount of ingredients and the easy cooking process, this homemade preparation is not inferior in popularity to all the usual pickled cucumbers, canned tomatoes, squash caviar, adjika, pickled mushrooms.
Features of harvesting whole pickled peppers for the winter
The main features of the preparation of such preservation are:
- Simplicity - harvesting and preserving this vegetable does not require much time, special costs.
- A small amount of ingredients and their availability - in order to marinate peppers, you need simple and accessible ingredients for everyone.
- Long shelf life - canned whole sweet peppers, subject to storage conditions, do not lose their taste within 2-3 years.
To prepare the preservation, you will need the following ingredients:
- Bell pepper;
- 9% vinegar or vinegar essence;
- vegetable oil;
- Bay leaf.
To add pungency to the future conservation, add bitter pepper, garlic cloves. In many similar recipes, ripe red tomatoes are also used, from which a sauce is prepared for pouring fruits. To simplify the cooking process, you can use ready-made tomato sauce or pasta.
How to choose and prepare vegetables correctly
So that during the process of blanching and sterilization the fruits are evenly boiled, peppers of the same degree of maturity (green, red or slightly reddened) and of the same size are selected for conservation.
The harvested fruits are washed well with cold water, then they are cut off with a sharp knife and the stalks and testes are removed. To completely remove the remaining seeds, they are washed again.
Preparing containers at home
Use glass jars with a capacity of 0.5 to 2.0 liters. Less commonly, 3-liter cans are used for such preservation. The necks of the cans must be intact, without chips and chippings.
The preparation of cans, in which the conservation will subsequently be placed, is carried out as follows:
- The container is washed with warm soda solution, rinsed thoroughly and turned over to glass water.
- Then clean jars, turned upside down, are placed in the neck of a boiling kettle for 2-3 minutes for scalding.
- If the container is of a small capacity, then it is convenient to use a hot oven for these purposes.
Seaming lids are also subject to processing - they are dipped in boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
How to prepare whole pickled bell peppers step by step
The preparation process for this preservation consists of the following steps:
- Harvesting sweet peppers, washing spices (bay leaves, peppercorns).
- Washing, rinsing, scalding glass containers, after which the jars are covered with lids.
- Preparing the marinade - the simplest marinade recipe includes 1 liter of water, 1 tablespoon each of sugar and salt, 3 tablespoons of 9% vinegar.
- Blanching - the fruits of the pepper are dipped in a boiling marinade for 4-5 minutes, after which they are tightly placed in jars. When the can is full, it is poured to the top with hot brine and covered with a rolling lid.
- Sterilization of filled cans - filled cans are placed in a container of hot water, which is gradually brought to a boil. The sterilization time depends on the container capacity (for example, a half-liter can is sterilized within 10 minutes, a liter can - 20 minutes).
- Hermetic sealing (seaming) of cans - with the help of a special sealing device, the cans are hermetically closed with tin seaming lids. After seaming, it is advised to turn the cans over, put them on the neck and cool to room temperature. At the same time, in order for the tanks with the contents to remain hot as long as possible, they must be tightly wrapped (covered) with a warm blanket.
Using such a simple pickling technology, you can prepare not only whole peppers with tails in the marinade, but also cut into medium-sized pieces.
Further storage of the finished product
The room in which the conservation will be stored must be dry and cool (temperature: + 4 ... + 10 ° С). If the number of cans of canned bell peppers is very small, then they can be placed in the refrigerator.