We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Gooseberry is a tasty and healthy berry. Everyone knows about freezing, jam and compotes from it. If possible, any housewife prepares such delicacies from this berry of different varieties for the winter. But not many people know that gooseberries can be pickled. There are several recipes for such an unusual product. Consider the intricacies of its preparation.
Features of pickling gooseberries for the winter
Gooseberry pickling has some secrets and characteristics. To get a really tasty product, you should pay attention to the following tips:
- For this dish, take large, slightly unripe fruits. If you take soft ones, they turn into porridge.
- For canning, they take salt, sugar and vinegar, but other ingredients can be added to get an unusual taste.
- You can pour the berries with hot or cold brine.
- For the product, it is better to choose small jars - 500 or 800 ml, it is convenient to store the finished dish in them.
If you follow the rules, you can prepare a delicious dish.
Preparation of containers and ingredients
Jars and lids for dishes are well cleaned with a cleaning agent. Then the container should be sterilized over steam or in the oven. Finished cans are set aside to keep them clean.
Gooseberries need to be rinsed before use. Both green and red fruits can be used.
Branches and tails are cut from each berry with scissors. Then they need to be pierced with a needle so that they do not burst during cooking.
How to pickle gooseberries?
There are several ways to prepare an interesting dish. Various ingredients can be added to create an original flavor.
Salted pickle recipe
To prepare a dish with salted marinade, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- gooseberry - 0.6-0.7 kg;
- currant or cherry leaves - 2-3 pcs.;
- garlic - a couple of teeth;
- hot chili pepper - 0.5 pcs.;
- dill umbrellas - 2 pcs.;
- mint leaves - 2-3 pcs.;
- vinegar - 5 tbsp. spoons;
- salt - 50 g.
- Put dill, mint, garlic, cherry or currant leaves on the bottom of the prepared jars.
- Pour in gooseberries.
- Pour boiling water over, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Drain the marinade, boil and pour into the jars again.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan again, add salt, leave until boiling.
- After boiling the marinade, add the vinegar.
- Pour the prepared solution into jars and seal them.
Sweet pickled gooseberries have an interesting flavor. The recipe is simple and does not require much effort.
- berries - 0.6 kg;
- cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- cloves - 5 pcs.;
- peppercorns - 5 pcs.;
- sugar - 150 g;
- vinegar - 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Prepare containers and berries.
- Fill jars with fruits, add spices,
- Put sugar and vinegar in 1 liter of boiling water.
- Pour the marinade into jars, cover with lids on top.
- Put a towel at the bottom of the pan, pour water, set the jars. Put the container on fire, sterilize for about 8 minutes.
- Close the jars with metal lids and leave to cool completely under warm clothes.
The dish according to this recipe is prepared without sterilization, therefore it does not require much effort and time.
Components per 0.5 l jar:
- gooseberries (for a full can);
- black and allspice peas - 2 pcs.;
- cloves - 2 pcs.;
- cherry leaves - 2-3 pcs.;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- table vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- salt - 1 tbsp. the spoon;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 0.5 l.
- Prepare all the berries - wash, cut the tails, prick with a toothpick.
- Put garlic, cherry leaves and other spices at the bottom of the sterilized jars.
- Top up with gooseberries.
- For the marinade, mix salt, sugar and water and bring to a boil. Pour the prepared mixture into a jar, cover with a lid on top and put a towel for 10 minutes.
- After this time, drain the liquid and boil.
- Pour vinegar into a container, add marinade and roll up.
Marinating gooseberries without sterilization is very easy to do.
You will need:
- gooseberries - 2.8 kg;
- cherry leaves - a large handful;
- peppercorns - 27 pcs.;
- cloves - 27 pcs.;
- sugar - 11 tbsp. spoons;
- salt - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- 70% vinegar essence - 25 ml or 6 teaspoons.
How to cook:
- Prepare the berries.
- Put 3 pieces in jars. cloves and peppers, a small amount of leaves and gooseberries.
- Pour boiling water to the top, leave for 5 minutes.
- Pour water into a saucepan, add the remaining cherry leaves, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the leaves, add salt, sugar and pour in 1 tbsp. water.
- Pour vinegar into boiling marinade, stir and immediately pour into jars.
- Close the container and set aside to cool.
This is a fairly simple recipe, but the dish will be delicious. For cooking you will need:
- berries - 1.5 kg;
- cherry or currant leaves - 10 pcs.;
- cloves - 12-14 pcs.;
- peppercorns - 12-14 pcs.;
- sugar - 8 tbsp. spoons;
- salt - 1.5 tbsp. spoons;
- vinegar essence 70% - 3 teaspoons.
- Wash the berries, cut the tails, prick with a needle or a toothpick.
- Prepare jars and lids.
- Put the berries in a container, put a couple of currant leaves, cloves and pepper on top.
- Pour the fruits with boiling water.
- After 5 minutes, pour the liquid into a saucepan, add the leaves and boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove the leaves, pour in a glass of water, salt, sugar and let it boil again.
- The finished liquid is poured into jars with gooseberries, after five minutes it is poured again.
- Bring the drained marinade to a boil and, adding vinegar, pour the fruit over it. Close with lids.
Where is the best place to store blanks
It is advisable to keep pickled gooseberries in a cool place. If there is no such place, then it is allowed to leave the jars at room temperature. However, you need to ensure that there is no battery or open fire nearby.
If a cold brine was used for the preparation, then such a product can only be stored in the refrigerator.