We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Milk mushrooms are of many types, and most of them have a bitter taste. Therefore, before you start to cook something of them or make a preparation for the winter, they must be carefully prepared. If done correctly, pickled milk mushrooms are delicious. They will be a good independent snack or addition to salads, soups and other dishes.
You can pickle milk mushrooms separately or together with other types of mushrooms. Be sure to soak before pickling to get rid of the bitterness. For the same reason, it is necessary to change the water 2-3 times during cooking.
How to choose and prepare mushrooms before pickling
Before pickling, mushrooms must undergo special training:
- It is good to sort out mushrooms from leaves and forest debris. Throw away those that could accidentally fall into the basket and turn out to be poisonous. Also, do not leave worms, as they can cause poisoning.
- Pour in water and leave for a couple of hours to soak well.
- Milk mushrooms collect garbage on themselves, so in order to wash them, you need to deal with each separately. They soak well in water and are easier to clean. You can use a brush for cleaning.
- Put well-washed mushrooms in a large basin and pour over salted water. To prevent them from floating up, put a load on top. Leave on for five hours.
- Drain and fill with another.
Mushrooms are soaked for at least three days. Only then can you proceed to further actions. Boil mushrooms in salted water, so they will be tastier.
How to pickle milk mushrooms in jars at home
After the milk mushrooms have been trained, they are pickled in the same way as other mushrooms.
Classic step-by-step recipe for 1 liter of water
White milk mushrooms are more popular for pickling. Most often they are marinated hot. To do this, use well-soaked, boiled mushrooms with the addition of vinegar.
Ingredients for 1 liter of water:
- boiled milk mushrooms - 2 kg;
- salt - 4 tsp;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 6% - 1 glass;
- spices: cloves, black pepper - 5 peas each.
To marinate milk mushrooms in a hot way, you need:
- Strain the soaked mushrooms, rinse with clean water and put in a saucepan.
- To fill with water. It is possible not completely, when boiled, they will let their juice out.
- Do not fill the dishes with mushrooms to the top, they need a place to boil, otherwise they may run away.
- Add some vinegar and salt and put the pot on fire. Skim.
- Change the water and boil again. Change the water again.
- When the mushrooms settle to the bottom and the water becomes clear, drain the water. Boil water with sugar and salt and add to strained milk mushrooms.
- Boil, dilute with vinegar and put in sterile jars.
- Roll up, turn the lids down and wrap with a blanket.
In winter, it is enough to open the jar, rinse the mushrooms and season with vegetable oil and raw onions.
Pickling black mushrooms
Cooking this type of milk mushrooms differs only in that they need to be cooked a little longer than others.
They also need to be soaked and boiled. Black milk mushrooms are boiled over low heat until the water evaporates. Then they are put in jars, poured with boiling marinade and rolled up.
For the marinade for 1 kg of mushrooms:
- water - 500 ml;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- spices - bay leaves, black and allspice, cloves, garlic, all to taste;
- vinegar - 100 ml 6%.
The taste of black milk mushrooms differs little from other types. But it is better to take young mushrooms that have aged too tough.
In a cold way
By this method, the mushrooms are boiled well (so that they do not turn out to be raw) and cooled. The marinade is boiled and also cooled. Then the milk mushrooms are laid out in jars and poured with marinade. The jars are closed with plastic lids and put into the basement. Such a blank is stored for no more than a year.
Each housewife prepares the marinade according to her own recipe, adding spices to taste.
For 1 kg of mushrooms:
- 400 ml of water;
- 1 tbsp. l. salt;
- 30 ml vinegar 8%.
Vinegar is poured into the marinade at the end of boiling so that it does not evaporate.
In tomato sauce
Milk mushrooms are tasty if marinated in tomato sauce. For this, everything is done as usual. Mushrooms are soaked and boiled in salted water. But when the marinade is being prepared, tomato sauce is added to it.
Strained mushrooms are poured with marinade and stewed for 5 minutes. Then vinegar is poured in, the mixture is laid out in jars and rolled up.
To make it tasty, observe the following proportions:
- boiled milk mushrooms - 1 kg;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- tomato paste - 200 g;
- vinegar 5% - 2 tbsp. l.
Instead of tomato sauce, you can take fresh tomatoes, stew well and then add them to the mushrooms.
Mushroom preparations with a lot of garlic are good. They are crispy, fragrant, and also healthy. It is better to marinate in a cold way so that the garlic aroma does not evaporate.
They can only be cooked with garlic or together with various spices. Garlic is chopped in a blender and added to boiled mushrooms. Prepare the marinade as usual, cool and pour into jars with mushrooms.
Some housewives pickle milk mushrooms with vegetable oil. It floats up and creates a protective film that does not allow air to pass through.
To prepare such preservation, everything is done as usual according to any of the recipes. But after the mushrooms are placed in the marinade, vegetable oil is added to them, about 100 ml per 1 kg, and boiled.
For cold marinating, add oil at the end directly to the jar, but it must be fried.
With citric acid
Milk mushrooms are crispy and do not lose color if marinated with citric acid. First, add a little acid to the water during cooking, and then dissolve one sachet per 1 liter of marinade at the very end.
In a spicy marinade
You can prepare gifts of the forest with spices. They are added to the marinade and boiled. They choose to taste what they like.
You can use cardamom, star anise, cloves, allspice and chili, bay leaf, and other odorous condiments found on the market today.
It is convenient to purchase a special mushroom seasoning in a bag, where everything is already mixed together. But you should not abuse it, spices kill the natural taste of products, and the smell of the mushroom preparation will differ little from the preparations of a different composition.
Cinnamon gives mushrooms a spicy and astringent flavor. It is added in the form of a powder not to the marinade, but to the bottom of the can, otherwise it will give a brown color to the blank.
With onions and tomatoes
A delicious mushroom salad is obtained by pickling milk mushrooms with onions and tomatoes.
Ingredients for 2 kg of milk mushrooms:
- onions - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 1 kg;
- extinguishing oil - 100 ml;
- vinegar - 100 ml 9%;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l.
Boil the milk mushrooms, fry the onions, stew the tomatoes. Mix everything together, simmer over low heat for half an hour, add vinegar, put in jars and roll up.
The recipe differs from others in that currant and cherry leaves, as well as garlic, are necessarily added to the marinade. Milk mushrooms are well boiled and filtered. Prepare the marinade.
For 1 liter of marinade:
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar -1 tbsp. l .;
- currant and cherry leaves;
- garlic - 1 head;
- vinegar - 100 ml 9%.
This is enough for 2 kg of boiled mushrooms. They are boiled with marinade, put in jars and rolled up.
Storage rules for the finished product
Pickled milk mushrooms are stored in a pantry or cellar. They can be consumed in two weeks, and it is better to store them no more than 1-1.5 years.