We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Lemon jam has a unique taste and contains many useful substances. Recently, however, such a product has been undeservedly forgotten due to the variety of other fruits and berries. There are many recipes for preparing this delicacy that do not require special costs and efforts.
Features of making lemon jam for the winter
There are many ways to make a sweet citrus dish. Fruit is processed in different ways, sometimes pulp is used, in some cases zest is used.
Preparation of raw materials and containers
Before preparing the treats, the main ingredient is selected. Often housewives use substandard fruits, but this is wrong. To get a tasty dish, it is better to choose ripe fruits with a clean skin. It is worth paying attention to the weight of the lemon - too light fruits are often already old, from which moisture has evaporated. The fruit stem should be fresh. If it is dry, and the place of its attachment is wrinkled, then it is not recommended to take the product - it has been torn off for a long time and lies in the store.
Banks, before pouring the finished delicacy into them, are thoroughly washed and sterilized, the lids are subjected to a similar treatment.
How to make lemon jam at home?
There are many different recipes for making lemon treats. They differ in the amount of ingredients and the cooking method.
Making a classic citrus jam is pretty easy. To prepare sweet treats you will need:
- lemons - 1.5 kg;
- sugar - 2 kg;
- water - 750 ml.
- The fruits are washed well and cut into half rings.
- Put the fruit in a container, fill it with water.
- Pour half of the sugar and put on the fire, cook, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove the foam if necessary.
- After this time, remove from the stove, leave for 6 hours in a closed saucepan.
- The container is again placed on the fire, brought to a boil, and the remaining sugar is added.
- Cook for 15 minutes, cool for 6 hours.
The finished product is poured into prepared jars and covered with lids.
Fast option "Five minutes"
This kind of jam is prepared very quickly and does not require much effort. For him you need:
- lemons - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg.
How to cook:
- Citrus is washed. Whether to leave the peel or not depends only on the desire of the hostess.
- The fruits are cut, seeds are removed and crushed using a meat grinder.
- Pour sugar over the mixture and leave for 20 minutes.
- Place the container on high heat and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, boil for exactly 5 minutes.
The hot product is immediately laid out in banks. Such jam can be eaten neat or added to tea and water.
The zucchini delicacy has an unusual taste, but many people do not even realize that one of the ingredients is a vegetable. It is better to choose young fruits, they are softer and more tender.
- 0.5 kg of zucchini;
- 1 lemon;
- 0.5 kg of sugar.
- Zucchini is washed and cut into small cubes. The skin may not be removed if the fruit is young.
- The lemon is also washed and cut into similar pieces along with the peel.
- The products are placed in a container, sugar is poured, mixed and left for some time for juice to appear.
- Put on the stove, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, leave to infuse for 6 hours.
- Repeat the process one more time. The cooled dish is laid out in jars.
This jam keeps well in a cool place for a long time.
The delicacy contains only citrus fruits and many useful substances. When choosing oranges, pay attention to the skin - such fruits will be sweeter.
What you need:
- oranges - 5 pcs.;
- lemons - 5 pcs.;
- sugar - 1 kg.
- The fruit is washed, the skin is cut and cut into small strips.
- The pulp is peeled and seeds removed, cut into cubes.
- Pour sugar into a container and leave for a couple of hours.
- Add the zest, put on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat for 5 minutes, then simmer over low heat for 40 minutes.
It is recommended to cool the finished dish slightly and put it in prepared containers.
The ginger treat helps with various colds and has an unusual taste.
- lemons - 2 pcs.;
- ginger - 1 root approximately 5 cm thick;
- sugar - 300 gr.
How to cook:
- The fruits are washed, cut into small cubes, the peel does not need to be cut off.
- Pour sugar over the fruit and leave for 2 hours.
- Ginger is grated and added to the mixture when it boils. Boil for 10 minutes, leave for 6 hours to cool.
- The procedure is repeated, the product is packaged in cans.
Lemon ginger jam will be a pleasure to eat on winter days.
To make jam with zest you need:
- 1 kg of lemons;
- 700 ml of water.
- The fruits are washed, peeled, the pulp is cut into small cubes and covered with sugar in a saucepan.
- The peel is cut into small strips. Pour it into boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
- Boiled zest is added to lemons, put on fire and boiled for half an hour.
The finished product can be eaten or packaged in prepared jars.
Apple jam with yellow fruit diversifies the usual delicacy. Prepare for its cooking:
- apples - 2 kg;
- sugar - 1 kg;
- lemon - 2 pcs.
- A syrup is prepared from water and sugar. The water in the saucepan should cover the granulated sugar.
- Apples, previously washed and cut into small pieces, are added to the finished mixture, cooked over low heat until the apples become transparent.
- Remove the zest from the lemon using a fine grater, cut the pulp into slices.
- Add lemon and zest to the pan, cook for 5 minutes.
The resulting mixture is immediately laid out in jars and closed with sealed lids.
It will take a little longer to cook the jam with the peel, but the delicacy turns out to be incredibly tasty.
- lemon - 1 kg;
- sugar - 0.8 kg;
- salt - 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Citrus fruits are washed and cut into 4 parts, filled with water, to which salt is added. Leave for 3 days, change the water daily, but do not add salt again.
- On the 4th day, the peel is removed, placed in a container, water is added and brought to a boil. After that, they immediately remove it, drain the water, add fresh water and put it on the fire again. The procedure is repeated three times.
- The peel without water is crushed with a blender.
- The pulp is peeled from the white film, finely chopped.
- Combine all components, add sugar and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
Jam keeps well in a cold place.
To make date jam, you need to take:
- 350 g dates;
- 0.5 pcs. lemon;
- 0.5 tbsp. Sahara;
- 1 tbsp. water.
Making such a jam is also simple. Fruits are washed, dates are pitted, lemons are peeled. Everything is cut into small pieces. Syrup is prepared from sugar and water, to which fruits are added. Cook over low heat until thick. The treat can be left with pieces, or you can grind it with a blender.
In a multicooker
A slow cooker will allow you to make lemon jam without wasting a lot of time.
- lemons - 6 pcs.;
- sugar - 1.2 kg;
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp
How to cook:
- Lemons are cut into small semicircles, the seeds are removed.
- Spread in a multicooker bowl. Pour 1.2 liters of water and bring to a boil. "Multipovar" mode, temperature - 130 degrees. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla, cook for 1 hour.
The finished mixture is laid out in jars and covered with lids.
In the microwave
To cook a treat in the microwave, prepare:
- 0.5 kg of lemons;
- 1.5 stack. water;
- 3 stacks Sahara.
Lemons are finely chopped, placed in a bowl and poured over with water. The container is placed in the microwave for 10 minutes, the mixture should come to a boil. Gently add sugar to the container and put in the microwave for another 8 minutes, stir occasionally. Take the product out of the device and pour it into a prepared container.
Through a meat grinder
The recipe for making such a jam is quite simple. You will need:
- 400 g lemons;
- 400 g sugar;
- 150 g of water.
Lemons are washed, cut into small pieces and rolled through a meat grinder. Add sugar and leave for 6 hours. Add water to the mixture, cook over low heat for a couple of hours, stirring constantly. Gradually the dish will become thicker. The finished delicacy is packaged in cans.
Lavender Lemon Jam
This jam smells wonderful and tastes good.
- lemons - 3 pcs.;
- sugar - 0.8 kg;
- dried lavender - 1 tsp;
- a little vanilla;
- water - 1 stack.
The yellow fruits are washed and cut into small pieces. Pour sugar into a container, leave for a couple of hours. Put the pan on fire, add vanilla and lavender and cook over high heat for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature and cook for half an hour. They are laid out in banks and put away in a cool place.
It is good to store lemon jam in the refrigerator or cellar. There it will remain in good condition and will not deteriorate until winter. The main thing is to roll up the lids well and make sure that they do not swell.