We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Viking tomato is known as a salad variety and is mid-season. The plant is determinate. It was included in the State Register for growing on open ground in personal subsidiary plots. The leaves of the plant are medium in size, and the fruits are large and taste good.
Description of the plant
The variety is recognized by the state as one of the main varieties for cultivation on personal subsidiary plots of the population in the Central Black Earth Region.
Features of the variety:
- The fruit has a high taste.
- Ideal for preparing salads.
- Not afraid of cold weather.
- Grows well at high temperatures.
Description of the bush
- The main stem reaches a height of 70 cm.
- The plant is multileaf.
7-9 plants are planted per square meter.
It is prized in cooking for its high taste. Ideal for making salads or sandwiches.
- Weight from 80 to 170 grams.
- The taste is sweet, pronounced.
- The color of the unripe fruit is green with a black spot at the base.
- The ripe color is orange.
- The ripening period from the beginning of germination is up to 120 days.
- The shape is round, convex.
- Slight ribbing and softness are characteristic.
- No cracking tendency.
The size of ripe fruits varies greatly.
Maturation and results
Fruits ripen about 110-120 days after germination. The indicator is average. Based on their characteristics, the Viking variety is intended for outdoor cultivation. From 4 to 6 tomatoes ripen on a branch. Yield indicators:
- 136–354 centners per hectare.
- The maximum known yield is 712 centners per hectare.
These indicators are higher than the standard for the Tambov region. The fruits are resistant to cracking, therefore they are well stored. Reviews indicate that the marketable yield of fruits is up to 87%.
Breeders offer the Viking tomato variety to be grown in the black earth zone, in personal subsidiary plots. The variety is ideal for use in salads, not only in mass, but also in taste.
Due to its resistance to cold, it can grow without problems in open ground. This is true for cold nights of early and late summer in the climate of the Black Earth Region. Yields vary greatly and depend on the following factors:
- Dates of disembarkation.
- Climatic features when grown outdoors outside the Black Earth Region.
- Landing density.
- Timely weeding and processing from pests, diseases.
- Light mode.
Despite its drought tolerance, it requires balanced watering so that the tomatoes do not differ much in size. In industrial cultivation, this will require fewer sorting operations.
- 50 by 40 centimeters.
- Density: 7-9 tomatoes per square meter.
It is better to disembark after the following predecessors:
However, no one cancels quality care. Only by following the rules can you grow a successful crop with high productivity. The more changeable the climate of the growing zone, the more difficult it is to grow Viking tomatoes, the greater the variation in fruit size. This should be taken into account when choosing these seeds.
Northern regions are suitable for cultivation only in greenhouses and only with additional lighting. In other cases, the harvest will be meager. Or the tomatoes will have to be left to ripen indoors.