We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Selection is constantly evolving and, of course, the number of varieties of varieties is increasing. One of these, which we will talk about, is the Kibo tomato. This species is universal, it can bear fruit from summer to late autumn. It was brought out by the Japanese manufacturer Kitano Seeds. The variety is considered early maturing and has an excellent taste.
Characteristics of tomato Kibo f1
Now a brief description and description of the variety. This type of tomato is grown as a sowing type in greenhouses, which makes it possible to harvest for a long time. This variety of tomatoes has strong, well-developed roots that are resistant to temperature extremes. In addition, it has strong shoots that can handle up to six large tomatoes.
The bush grows up to 2 meters, thereby saving space in the greenhouse, which makes it possible to use it rationally. And since it grows for a long time, there is no need to regularly renew the planting in the garden.
This hybrid can produce several times more tomatoes from one bush than one ordinary classic look.
Factors related to this variety:
- One of the important ones is that they are not afraid of diseases, as well as insects.
- There are no green veins near the stalk.
- Even if you water more than necessary, the fruit will not lose its own shape.
- Not afraid of drought and sudden temperature changes.
The fruit is flat-round in shape. The approximate weight is 340 grams. The vegetable has a rich pinkish tint. The taste of the fruit is sweet.
According to its characteristics, the fruit is unique and attracts great attention of buyers. He is the leader among other hybrids of the same color.
Planting and leaving
For this, modern technologies are used. Seedlings of this variety should be planted in open ground when their age reaches about 60-65 days. They begin to bloom when 8-12 leaves are formed. After the growing season, ripening begins at 100-110 days. And the appearance of the first fruit will occur after 10-14 days.
It is very simple to care for this variety:
- If the Kibo tomato bush has grown well, and the lower leaves have deteriorated or die off, it is necessary to trim the unusable greenery.
- When watering is carried out, it is necessary to observe that the pressure of the water does not scatter the soil that is near the bush, otherwise the tomatoes will not receive the proper amount of nutrients.
- So that tomatoes do not undergo fungal diseases, they should be treated with special preparations that contain copper and sulfur.
The plant must be tied up. If the tomatoes are well lit and ventilated, a quick ripening is guaranteed.
Tomatoes grow actively if fertilizers are used. It is advisable to feed them several times in one season using mineral or natural fertilizers.
If the seedlings are sluggish, nitrogen fertilization is used to feed it, but in moderation, otherwise overdevelopment of greens may occur.
In order for the root system to grow better, phosphorus is used, it also improves metabolic processes. And the taste of the fruit will help raise potassium.
Tying and pinching bushes
Kibo tomatoes are very tall and require tied to supports. This will help the bush to form properly and provide adequate ventilation. Please note that you need to start tying when the bush reaches a height of 40 cm.
To tie, you should use two pegs, which should be placed on top of each other, and a rope should be stretched between them. This will allow you to make several levels of support at once.
Don't forget about pinching. This variety of Kibo tomato grows rapidly, therefore, at least once a week, you need to remove the shoots that are on the side. This approach will enable the plant to direct all its resources to the fruit.
Pros and cons of the indeterminate tomato
- This variety has many positive qualities, which in turn provide good yields. One of its bush can give much more fruit than an ordinary undersized one.
- The plant grows upward, which saves space and allows them to be properly disposed of. If tomatoes grow in a greenhouse, there is no need to renew the plantings, as they have a long cycle.
- If the summer period is short, then the cultivation of this variety outdoors is impossible.
Reviews of agronomists
Reviews of agronomists say that this Kibo F1 variety differs in that:
- The fruit sets well.
- Good yield level, one brush is capable of producing 5-6 fruits.
- Tomatoes ripen early.
- There are no green veins near the stalk.
- The fruit tastes good.
Kibo is a hybrid that was developed in Japan. It ripens quite early, which is its main distinguishing feature.
This type of tomato is not afraid of sudden changes in the weather and any other stressful situations. Long-term growth makes it possible to obtain crops for a long time without renewing the planting. Kibo tomatoes have collected all the important and unique characteristics for growing a good product.