We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomato Golden Heart is an original variety with a bright orange color and an interesting heart-shaped shape. In addition to their excellent taste, tomatoes of this variety also have a lot of advantages, among which early ripening and high yield stand out. That is why many summer residents prefer to grow this variety on their site.
The Golden Heart tomato has a lot of distinctive features, taking into account which, every person can recognize this variety.
The main characteristics include:
- early ripening of the crop;
- high productivity;
- bush determinism: plant height does not exceed 1 meter;
- small leaves have a dark green tint;
- in a greenhouse, the bushes grow stronger than in the beds;
- one brush gives an average of 6 tomatoes, according to statistics, about 7 kilograms of tomatoes are harvested from 1 square meter of plants;
- fruiting persists throughout the summer;
- the fruits have an oval heart-shaped shape with one pointed tip; at the stalk, the vegetable has a weak ribbing;
- on average, one tomato weighs 120-200 grams;
- the skin of the fruit is dense, thin, has a glossy sheen;
- the vegetable has a rich sweet delicious taste;
- the pulp is juicy, fleshy, low in seeds;
- Due to the high content of sugars and beta-carotene, the vegetable is often recommended as a component of dietary and baby food.
The harvested crop has a rich aroma and universal taste, so it is often used to prepare various dishes and drinks. Thanks to the dense skin, the harvested crop can retain its freshness for a long time.
Even during transportation, the fruits do not crack, and the harvested green vegetables retain the ability to ripen at room temperature.
Advantages and disadvantages
As the reviews say, this tomato variety has not only positive traits, but also negative ones.
Benefits of Golden Heart Tomatoes:
- great taste;
- external attractiveness;
- the presence of a large number of trace elements in fruits;
- versatility of crop use;
- high yield;
- resistance to common diseases affecting plants: late blight, fusarium;
- the existence of the possibility of using all collected seeds for sowing next year;
- endurance in cold and drought;
- compactness of the plant.
Reviews of summer residents argue that this variety also has a drawback - the need to care for the planted material. The complexity of care lies in the formation of a bush, the creation of nutritious soil, adherence to the irrigation schedule. The yield and size of the fruits directly depend on the degree of care of the bush.
Growing and care
To obtain a rich harvest, the seeds of the Golden Heart must be properly prepared, sown, and the seedlings must be dived.
To do this, you need to adhere to the following instructions:
- Experienced summer residents plant seeds for seedlings in March. Before planting, the seeds must be properly prepared. To do this, they need to be immersed in salt water for 20 minutes. For planting, you should select only those seeds that have sunk to the bottom.
- Next, the boxes are filled with nutritious light soil, which is prepared from a mixture of garden soil, peat and river sand. All components must be mixed in equal amounts. You can bring the acidity of the soil back to normal by adding a small amount of wood ash to it.
- Then the resulting mixture is disinfected with a solution of potassium permanganate.
- Then the seeds are placed to a depth of 1.5-2 centimeters.
- The boxes are covered with foil and placed in a warm place for 6 days.
- During this time, seedlings will appear on the soil surface. After that, the film is removed, and the boxes are rearranged in a lighted place.
During germination of seedlings, it is necessary to maintain the temperature regime at an indicator of 22-24 degrees. The sprouts will only need moisture after the topsoil is dry.
It is required to dive seedlings 20 days after germination. During this time, 2-3 leaves should form. Seedlings can be planted only after their age reaches 2 months. It is worth considering that night frosts should completely stop at this time. The description of the variety states that tomato can be planted in any region, with the exception of the northern ones.
In order for a tomato bush to develop quickly and fully, it must be watered and fertilized in a timely manner. During the 1st phase of development, tomatoes need fertilizing with nitrogen fertilizers.
During flowering and the formation of the first ovary, the bush must be fed with phosphorus and potassium fertilizers. One of the features of the Golden Heart tomato variety is that the bush gives the maximum yield when developed in 1 or 2 trunks.
Ways of eating fruits
The main characteristic of this tomato variety is the versatility of its taste. Tomatoes can be grown for the following purposes:
- for home canning: pickling, pickling, cooking in your own juice, preparing salads for the winter;
- for preparing fresh salads;
- to create sauces;
- to improve the taste of side dishes;
- for filling soups;
- for squeezing out thick juice rich in vitamins.
It will not be difficult to grow a Golden Heart tomato if you follow the recommendations for sowing and planting planting material described above. Do not forget about providing special care for seedlings and formed bushes. Reviews say that if all these conditions are met, the summer resident will be able to enjoy self-grown vegetables, withpreserve their freshness and usefulness until the winter period.