We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Almost no table is complete without sauerkraut. The peculiarity of the starter culture of beets is that during the processing the beneficial properties of the snack are not lost. For its manufacture, there are many diverse and at the same time simple ways. Let's consider each of them in more detail.
General cooking principles
In most recipes, the beets need to be chopped and covered with brine. The latter is prepared by boiling water with salt and possibly adding spices. The prepared composition should stay warm for several days, then it is placed in the refrigerator.
Benefits and Potential Harm
This product helps in the treatment of diabetes, anemia, diseases related to the gastrointestinal system. It helps with excessive pressure, liver diseases. Helps to treat tumor formations.
Not recommended for pancreatitis, cholecystitis, or gastritis.
How to choose and prepare the main ingredients
Choose medium-sized juicy vegetables. They should not show signs of deterioration or damage.
The jars must be sterilized before use. For this purpose, the "steam" method is often used.
How to ferment beets for the winter at home
There are many interesting recipes for pickling beets. The following are the most delicious and popular ones.
When cooking in the classic version, you will need:
- a kilogram of beets;
- water 700 ml;
- 40 g of salt.
To make a dish, you need to do the following:
- Rinse the vegetable very thoroughly under running water. After that, you need to dry it completely.
- Peel and cut into cubes. Some people prefer to grate the vegetable on a coarse grater.
- Water is poured into a saucepan and salt is added. The product is heated over low heat and boiled for 10 minutes.
- Beets are placed in pre-prepared clean jars. The marinade is added to them.
The product is covered with lids and stored in a dark and dry place. In a private house, a basement is suitable for this purpose. The product will be fully ready after 10 days.
Beets for borscht can be cooked without spices. To do this, it is washed, cleaned and cut into small pieces. Then it is poured with water and placed in a warm place for 4 days.
When fermentation stops, the product is placed in the refrigerator. It is now ready to eat.
For manufacturing, you need to prepare:
- 1 kg of beets;
- Bell pepper;
- a tablespoon of salt;
- Bay leaf;
- garlic 20 g;
- 100 g of dill;
- 150 g of parsley and celery roots.
You can cook beets in Georgian as follows:
- The vegetable is washed and placed in water. Set to cook for 10 minutes. When brought to a boil, cool.
- Peel in water, cut into circles.
- Prepare the brine: boil water with salt, celery, parsley, garlic for 2 minutes. Cool the resulting liquid. Place the vegetable with capsicum and bay leaf in a container.
- Pour the product with brine. Top up with hot water if necessary.
After a few days, the product can be eaten.
According to Bolotov
Biological scientist Boris Bolotov recommends this recipe as a cure for many diseases and a means to strengthen the immune system.
- 1 kg of vegetables;
- 30 g salt;
- 80 ml of water;
- 20 g sour cream;
- 30 g sugar.
The cooking procedure is as follows:
- The vegetable is washed and peeled, then cut into small pieces.
- They put it in a clean jar. Salt, sugar and sour cream are added.
- For three days, the jar is placed in a warm place.
The snack is placed in the refrigerator for storage. It will be stored for 12 days.
Carrots are very low in calories. There are only 41 kcal per 100 g. This additive gives the beets a softer, milder flavor. The appetizer has a brighter and more beautiful color.
For cooking, you need to prepare the following products:
- 2 kg of beets and carrots;
- 0.5 kg of onions;
- 50 g of salt.
Cooking is done in this way:
- Vegetables must be washed, peeled and chopped into strips.
- Vegetables are placed in prepared clean jars in layers: beets, onions above it, and then carrots. Pour salt on top.
- It must be kept under oppression for 12 hours. As a result, juice will begin to form. It needs to be drained.
- To prepare the marinade, salt water is poured into a saucepan. Then put on a small fire and bring to a boil. Turn off after five minutes.
- The prepared marinade is poured into jars of vegetables.
They are put under oppression for 2-3 days. After that, the preparation of the sauerkraut is finished.
With garlic and spices
For this fermented product you will need:
- five garlic cloves;
- 0.5 kg of vegetable;
- 0.5 l of water;
- 40 g salt;
- 4 bay leaves;
- five peppercorns.
The cooking procedure is as follows:
- First you need to make a brine. For this, salt water is poured into a saucepan and put on fire. Bringing to a boil, turn it off. After that, you need to wait until the brine has cooled down.
- The vegetable is washed, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- Garlic, bay leaves, beets, peppercorns are placed in sterilized jars. Then it is poured over with cooled brine.
- Leave on for 2-3 days. Then the preparation will be finished.
It is recommended to start eating a sauerkraut after three days have passed.
With hot pepper
For sauerkraut you will need:
- 2 kg of vegetable;
- chili peppers;
- garlic head;
- a small spoonful of peppercorns;
- Bay leaf;
The cooking procedure looks like this:
- The vegetable is washed, peeled and boiled until tender.
- Remove from water and cut into small slices.
- A brine is prepared from water, salt, celery, parsley and vinegar (a teaspoon). To do this, the mixture must be boiled for 5 minutes.
- Vegetables are placed in jars along with spices. The products must be tamped.
- Add brine. Keep in a warm place for 3 days.
Now the prepared sauerkraut can be put on the table.
With caraway seeds and rye bread
You need the following ingredients:
- rye bread - 400 g;
- 80 g of cumin;
- beets - 4 kg.
The process of preparing a sauerkraut snack involves the following:
- Beets are washed, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- They put it in a bowl, cover it with salt, caraway seeds, fill it with water.
- The bread is soaked, the water is filtered. Then it is poured into a bowl of groceries and put under oppression.
- Keep in a warm place for two days.
The product is now ready. For storage, it is placed in the refrigerator.
To prepare sauerkraut with horseradish you will need:
- 150 g horseradish root;
- one beet;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- a teaspoon of salt;
Cooking a sauerkraut is as follows:
- Grind horseradish root, beets.
- Salt, granulated sugar and vinegar are added.
- Everything needs to be mixed and put in jars.
Sauerkraut quickly loses its strength. Therefore, it is customary to cook in small portions.
Pickled beet leaves
For this sauerkraut recipe you will need:
- 1.5 kg of beets;
- two medium onions;
- cumin 25 g;
- some cloves;
- two bay leaves;
- 20 g salt;
- 0.8 liters of water.
To prepare sauerkraut, perform the following actions:
- The vegetable must be thoroughly washed, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- Boil water and salt. After boiling, cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the onion into halves.
- Beets and onions are placed in sterilized jars, brine is added, cooked spices are added.
- Banks must be kept under pressure for a week.
The prepared fermented product is stored in the refrigerator. It will be completely ready for use after a month has passed.
Storage rules and periods
It is recommended to keep sauerkraut in the refrigerator. It does not lose its beneficial properties for many months.
Some recipes may have a shorter shelf life.