We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Rochefort grapes from amateur selection were obtained by crossing such popular and high-quality varieties as Talisman and Cardinal, with the addition of a pollen mixture of the most successful European-Amur forms.
The author of the hybrid form of table grape "Rochefort" is E. G. Pavlovsky, which has long been known to winegrowers due to the breeding of a large number of very successful new grape varieties for private households.
Grapes "Rochefort" refers to varieties with an early ripening period, which lasts for 105-110 days. The bush of a hybrid form has significant growth power. The ripening of the shoots is stable and good enough.
The flowers are bisexual, which has a beneficial effect on pollination. The clusters are quite large, and the average weight of the grape brush can vary from 0.5 to 0.9 kg. The shape of the cluster is conical, the structure is characterized by moderate density. The clusters are very elegant, which indicates the high marketability of the hybrid form.
Technical characteristics of berries
The fully ripened Rochefort grapes have an external appeal. They have a dark red or dark purple color, passing at the stage of overriding in almost black. The shape of the berry is round, slightly flattened. The average weight of the berry varies from 7 to 9 g. Quite often, larger berries are formed, with a mass of 12 g and a size of 2.8 x 2.6 cm.
The flesh of a ripe berry is fleshy, with a harmonious taste and a slight shade of light muscat. The skin is relatively dense, completely eaten. Sugar content on average is 15 g / 100 cm³. The acidity is about 5 g / dm³. Irrigation is almost completely absent.
Grapes "Rochefort": features of the variety
Advantages and disadvantages
Rochefort grapes are still not well understood. The description of the variety with the declared characteristics allows us to draw the following conclusions about the advantages of this hybrid form:
- excellent rooting and survival of cuttings, which allows for independent propagation of vine bushes on the site;
- bisexual flowering provides good pollination and stable yields;
- early harvest;
- suitability of the harvested crop for transportation;
- very high marketability of grapes;
- good taste;
- frost resistance up to - 23 ° С;
- resistance to mildew defeat 3.0-3.5 points, oidium - 2.5-3.0 points.
The disadvantages of this hybrid form are absolute instability to the phylloxera, as well as insufficient knowledge of such a factor as the tendency to peeing in some years. The disadvantages include the fact that the berries of this grape stain faster than fully ripen, and this misleads many lovers about the timing of the harvest. Already fully painted grape brushes, it is desirable to hang on the bushes to add sugar and acquire a good taste. In addition, even in conditions of full-fledged agricultural technology, a fairly average yield is observed.
Rochefort grapes are quite unpretentious, but to increase yield, you should pay attention to the following recommendations when planting:
- use of sunny and non-shaded areas for the vineyard;
- Landings should be located on the south or south-west side of the capital structure;
- the distance between seedlings should be at least 2 m, indented from the foundation of the building by 1 m;
- the level of groundwater in the area for planting seedlings should be at least 2-2.5 m;
- Autumn planting is carried out in mid-October, however, the timing may vary depending on weather and climatic conditions of the cultivation region;
- spring planting is carried out when steady positive temperatures occur, provided that shelter is provided in case of late return frosts;
- the depth and width of the pit for planting averages 80 cm (its size depends on the volume of the root system of the seedling);
- at the bottom of the pit should pour a mixture of fertile soil and two buckets of humus;
- the seedling is placed in a hole up to the root neck and gently filled with soil.
After planting, abundant watering and mulching of the soil with organic matter is carried out.
Growing a hybrid form of Rochefort grapes is not particularly difficult. Even in conditions of insufficiently careful care and when carrying out not too regular feeding, you can get a good crop. It is this quality that is most appreciated by beginner amateur winegrowers. Particular attention must be paid to pruning and forming bushes:
- the load on the bush should be 30-35 eyes;
- the load on the bush by shoots cannot exceed 22-24, provided that the standard nutrition area of one plant is 5 square meters. m;
- pruning fruiting vines should be carried out at 6-8 eyes.
To protect against pests and diseases, it is enough to carry out two preventive sprayings per season.
We also offer you to get acquainted with the varietal characteristics of grapes "Beauty Nikopol".
According to winegrowers who have already managed to test this hybrid form in their plots, Rochefort grapes are characterized by good disease resistance and good marketability of bunches. The berries are dense, very large, crunchy, with a light scent of nutmeg, stored for a long time on the bush.
How to water grapes
As a remark, winegrowers note that this grape does not yet reach the superearly hybrid form. But the taste, indeed, is very successful, and consumers give such grapes a high taste rating, which allows it to be attributed to the popular market varieties.