We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Finger" is a new variety that works well both when grown in the open ground and using film shelters. The originator of the variety is the Volgograd experimental station VNIIR them. N.I. Vavilova. The authorship belongs to V. Shefatov.
The variety of Russian selection "Finger" belongs to the group of bee pollinated and precocious. Universal purpose allows you to use the harvest without restrictions. Taste is very high. Fruiting occurs 42-46 days after planting in a permanent place.
The plant is disease resistant and practically not affected by downy mildew. Cucumber bushes have increased cold resistance and can easily tolerate slight temperature drops in the spring, as well as early autumn cold.
The length of green elongated cylindrical shape is on average 11 cm. The surface has a fairly rare and large tuberosity. The pulp of ripe green greens is very dense, juicy, with a pronounced crunch and a bright aroma. The average weight of greens is 117 g.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber "Finger" has many advantages and is almost completely devoid of flaws:
- excellent taste and excellent appearance of greenhouses;
- good transportability;
- prolonged fruiting exceeds 60 days;
- bundle laying of cucumber ovaries;
- wide area of regionalization;
- Tolerance to downy mildew.
Average indicators of total productivity, subject to agricultural technology, can reach 6.8 kg / m2.
Cucumber "Finger": features of the variety
There are no difficulties in planting cucumbers of this variety, but in order to get a rich and tasty crop, you must follow certain rules:
- two types of planting of cucumbers of this variety are used: seeds or seedlings. In central Russia, cucumbers are planted in late May or early June;
- Before planting, it is recommended to warm and soak the seeds of the cucumber;
- the soil for planting cucumbers should be rich in high-quality humus, without stagnant moisture;
- the optimal sowing depth of prepared cucumber seeds in the soil is a depth of 2-3 cm;
- when planting seedlings in a greenhouse or greenhouse, the plants are distributed with an interval of at least 35 cm;
- the best sowing pattern - 50x30 cm with a depth of 3-4 cm;
- high-quality seedlings should have a height of at least 25 cm and have about five leaves.
Planting ready seedlings is necessary when the soil on the ridges warms up well enough from sunlight. Overgrown seedlings should be deepened significantly.
Cucumber "Finger" is an indeterminate, strongly-climbing and medium-branched plant. Its height reaches 2-2.5 m, which somewhat complicates the process of caring for it:
- cucumbers of this variety require growing on vertical trellises;
- when growing in a high greenhouse or in greenhouse ridges, it is recommended to pinch the main cucumber whip over the trellis;
- the optimum temperature regime for growth, development, as well as abundant fruiting of cucumbers is + 21-23 ° C;
- watering should be quite frequent, and it is recommended to use only water heated by the sun;
- in the first two weeks, after the emergence of seedlings or transplanting seedlings to a permanent place, cucumbers need enhanced care and nitrogen nutrition, which will allow plants to grow stronger and gain weight;
- at the stage of mass flowering, phosphorus fertilizers should be used for top dressing;
- the transition to the active vegetation phase involves the introduction of nitrogen-potassium fertilizers for cucumbers;
- foliar top dressing, which is especially relevant in violation of the thermal regime, shows high efficiency;
- in case of poor fruit loading, active feeding with mullein should be preferred, and additional feeding of plants with urea or humus should be carried out periodically.
To successfully protect cucumbers in greenhouses and open ground from pests and diseases, it is recommended to carry out comprehensive preventive treatment of plants. A good protective effect is exerted not only by strong chemicals, but also by completely harmless means, including decoctions from tomato tops and potato tops infusion, which help rid plants of aphids, ticks, and leaf-eating caterpillars.
The greatest effect in the mass destruction of plants by pests is given by spraying cucumber bushes with solutions based on karbofos.
You may also be interested in an article that describes the characteristics of Herman f1 cucumbers.
Reviews of vegetable growers
Many summer residents especially appreciate this variety for its small size of greens, the possibility of universal use, high productivity, long fruiting, the formation of convenient bunch ovaries and a long absence of yellowing. Plants are formed very powerful, and develop quickly enough. Growing this variety allows you to collect and harvest your own seeds, which is very important for many vegetable growers.
How to grow cucumbers
Even in dry years and in the absence of regular, full-fledged irrigation, greens of Finger cucumbers are not prone to the accumulation of bitterness. Cold nights and short-term cooling also do not do harm, although the novelty hybrids located on adjacent ridges and highly resistant varieties often manage to cool down and become sick, significantly losing productivity. Almost all gardeners growing cucumbers under the name "Finger", believe that this wonderful variety is worthy to take a place in any home garden.