What we now call charlotte was at first an English pudding. Practical Germans, adopting the recipe, cheapened and simplified it, and then this dish spread throughout Europe. It has not lost popularity even today, but now charlotte is no longer made from bread, but simply baked, having prepared biscuit dough and pouring the filling to it.
Charlotte Basic Recipe
Classic charlotte, as we see it today, has 3 main components for the dough: eggs, sugar, and flour. Usually put salt. Other ingredients can be included, such as honey, cocoa, milk, cream, and more.
Typically, the dough for the pie does not need baking powder, as the biscuit itself rises actively in the oven - due to eggs beaten well with sugar. But, if you make the dough on kefir or sour cream, then baking soda, extinguished in vinegar, or another baking powder can be added to it.
Traditionally, this biscuit cake began with apples, but now inventors of culinary specialists have come up with a variety of fillings: from pears, cherries and other berries, as well as from exotic fruits - oranges, kiwi, bananas and others.
Modern technologies also penetrated the culinary business, they made it possible to give the familiar recipes a completely new sound. So, the slow cooker turned out to be a very convenient device for desserts and baking.
In it, you can simply cook charlotte with any fillings, and the taste will turn out to be very special. However, the oven in this sense has not lost its relevance.
Charlotte sponge dough
It is cooked basically the same way.
- Beat sugar thoroughly with eggs and salt until crystals dissolve completely. Sometimes, wanting to get a more magnificent dough, whisk proteins with sugar, and then inject the yolks.
- Auxiliary products are put into a practically whipped mixture, but after adding them you have to beat a little more.
- Flour is mixed with baking powder, if any, and is added to the mixture in small fractions; whipping continues. Soda is quenched with vinegar separately, but the order of addition to the dough does not change.
In principle, that’s all, such a dough is ready to cover the filling and go bake.
Charlotte with banana
Consider a couple of recipes for a banana-only pie. If you want the banana circles or bars to stand out beautifully in the pie, then take the greenish fruit. In the overripe state, the fruit easily spreads in the dough, but sometimes it is convenient.
Charlotte banana in a slow cooker
- white flour - 350 g;
- eggs - 4 chicken;
- 3 bananas;
- 250 ml cream 20%;
- sugar - 300 g;
- 10 g of baking powder.
How to cook:
- Cooking ordinary biscuit dough.
- We cut bananas, as you like, immediately put them in a bowl with dough.
- Sprinkle the bowl with oil and sprinkle with crackers. Download the dough mixed with bananas.
- Set "Baking", set the time to 100 minutes. Run the program.
- Upon receipt of the signal, we remove the cake from the bowl with the help of a grate designed for steaming.
Chocolate Banana Charlotte with Cornmeal
This charlotte is not baked from wheat, but from corn flour. Corn is a storehouse of trace elements, amino acids, and vitamins. It is rich in fiber, normalizes cholesterol and intestinal function. Therefore, your favorite cornmeal pie is a great idea. And the original filling makes the dessert unforgettable.
So, we will prepare the products:
- Four eggs;
- Bananas - two;
- Chocolate (dark) - one hundred grams;
- Sugar - one glass;
- Baking powder - a teaspoon;
- Corn flour - a glass.
How to cook:
- Grind sugar with yolks.
- Cut the bananas into circles, let the chocolate melt (in the microwave).
- Both that, and another to mix with yolks, adding a baking powder and flour.
- Add squirrels whipped tightly into this mass. Stir again, very carefully.
- Put in the form and covering with foil, so as not to burn, put the dough in the oven (200 degrees). The oven is ready.
Fragrant Charlotte with Kiwi and Banana
Bananas with kiwi are a union of opposites. The sweetness of the first and the acidity of the second give the dish a very interesting taste.
- Kiwi and bananas - two each
- Five eggs
- Sugar - 375 grams
- Flour - gram 300-350
How to cook:
- The first thing you need to beat eggs and sugar until lush foam.
- Stir, adding a little flour.
- Peel and chop the fruit as you like (in circles, cubes), mix with eggs and sugar.
- Put the dough into the mold, do not forget to grease it with butter.
- Set the multicooker timer for 1 hour in the "baking" mode.
When time runs out, open the slow cooker and let the charlotte cool.
You can experiment with the taste of the pie by taking some other fruit in the company of bananas or adding cinnamon, orange zest, etc. to the dough.
Oven banana charlotte
- white flour - 2 tbsp .;
- 1 tsp food soda - incomplete;
- vinegar for soda;
- greenish bananas - 2-3 pcs.;
- sugar, ½ - 1 tbsp .;
- sour cream with sour, thick, 1 tbsp. (can be replaced with yogurt or kefir);
- vanilla sugar;
- butter, any deodorized or melted butter - 4 tbsp. l .;
- 2 eggs;
- juice squeezed from lemon;
- Cooking biscuit dough. If the sour cream was thick enough, then the dough will come out thicker, it can be laid out with a spoon.
- Lubricate the mold in advance. Preferably, it is a metal detachable.
- Bananas, peeled, cut. It is better to cut them at the last minute, then they will not darken. But, in order to avoid, it is still better to sprinkle them with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Bananas are beautifully laid on the bottom of the form, and on top we load the dough, trying not to break the laid out pattern. Due to the density, the dough will not leak into pieces, and in finished form they will stand out on the surface of the pie.
- Set the dough for 10-15 minutes. The oven should already be heated to 160-170 ° C, put the pie in it after proofing.
- Check the readiness of the pie by piercing it with a wooden knitting needle; if necessary, cover the top with paper.
- When the charlotte is ready, we take it out of the oven and knock it over to the dish. In order not to damage the pie, we close the dish with the inside close to the pie and turn this entire structure, together with the form, overturn. At first the form remains, we cover it with something cold and wet. After 5 minutes, remove the cake lagging behind the cake.
- Charlotte should cool, after which it can be cut.
Oven and banana charlotte in the oven
Not for nothing that apples are the main form of filling for a popular pie. They give it lightness and tenderness. And the banana in this case is responsible for the divine flavor of the dessert. Of course, the core is removed from apples, but the peel is not always cleaned. Some like her presence on the cake. So choose for yourself what to do.
- banana, better overripe - 1 pc.;
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- baking powder (optional) - 1 tsp;
- ½ cup sugar;
- 3 peeled apples;
- 4 eggs.
- We prepare the biscuit dough, prepare the form.
- Cut the apples into slices, crush the banana in mashed potatoes.
- In the form we spread apple slices on the bottom, on top - banana puree, then pour the dough. Mix the contents of the form a little and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 200 ° C.
Apple and banana charlotte in a slow cooker
- flour - 2 multi-cups;
- banana, better overripe - 1 pc.;
- 2 multi-cups of sugar;
- 4 eggs;
- 3 or 5 apples;
- oil (for form);
- semolina or crackers, 2 tbsp. l (for form).
- Cooking biscuit dough.
- We chop the banana and apples, after peeling, we interfere in the dough.
- Lubricate the bowl, sprinkle with semolina or crackers, load the dough with fruits.
- We set the "Baking", bring the temperature to 160 ° C and set the time pointer to 50 minutes. If your model allows you to reach only 140 ° C, then the time must be increased to 70 minutes.
- When the program ends, open the lid and wait 5 minutes. Then we take out the cake using the steaming tray. Decorate the cooled charlotte, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
A very beautiful version of the pie is prepared in the slow cooker - marble, adding cocoa. Such pastries look unusually impressive and do not require additional decoration.
Charlotte with cocoa (marble) in a slow cooker
- 3 bananas;
- flour - 2 multi-cups with a capacity of 160 ml;
- 5 eggs;
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 1 multi-cup sugar;
- baking powder - 1 tsp.
How to cook:
- Cooking, as usual, biscuit dough. Divide in half, gently mix cocoa in one of the parts.
- We prepare bananas by peeling them and cutting into slices 1 cm wide.
- We begin to fill the greased bowl with dough, then white, then chocolate, along the way by putting slices of bananas at different depths.
- Filling the cup, close it. We start for 45 minutes, setting the "Baking" mode.
After the signal, do not immediately open the lid so that the approached pie does not donkey. After standing for 15 minutes, take the charlotte out.
A simple and quick recipe for chocolate charlotte (video)
Charlotte with bananas and other fillings can be prepared in different ways. In this regard, there are video recipes, instructions with photos, which step by step describe the entire cooking process. With their help, even the most inexperienced housewife will cook an exceptionally beautiful and delicious charlotte.